Saturday, July 19, 2008

Field trip....!!!!

Last Sunday, most of the YC leadership team had a field trip to various churches around the Klang Valley. For my group which consists of had went to Aaron Sim, Nina, Jia Wei, Gloria Charles, Samuel Lim and yours truly to Glad Tiding PJ or better known as GT,PJ =)


Yes yes, We went to Glad Tidings...haha..Some of my close buddies was like dude,I'm so envy at you coz you get to visit their church. You lucky,kid!!!! haha...Ohwell, to me, It doesn't matter what church I get to visit =) It was my first time stepping on Glad Tiding ground..haha..

We arrive at the church at around 10.45am for their 2nd service which starts at 11am. They had their 1st service at 8.30am. We didn't know that they have 1st service, otherwise we should had went for 1st service...hehe..

We were greeted by Pastor Danny. Wow, he is super young by age and also by look. Seriously!!!! Then we met some of the other youth pastor like Pastor Julie...We had intro ourself to them so Aaron Sim and I was like:

Aaron Sim: Hi my name is Aaron. Nice to meet you....
Me: Hi my name is also Aaron. Nice to meet you....

then the pastors was like are you kidding me or it is true? haha.....Then finally they believe us and say its good to have the same name coz easier for them to remember =p When we step foot in their youth hall which is:


we were like stunt at the moment coz we were amazed by their youth hall. It was super huge and nice. Whats best is that they had their own stage. How cool is that? =) when the usher direct us to our seat, the musicians were practicing.


Then they stop everything and came down from the stage just to greet us and had a lil conversation with us. We really feel welcome on that day by them. Thanks guys.... Before Praise and Worship, the chairperson requested everyone to open the bible to PSALM 20 and grab a partner and read to each other. So, we had 6 of us and so we separated into 3 pairs

-Nina and Gloria
-Jia Wei and I
- Aaron Sim and Sam Lim

The passage was a very encouraging one so guys, do read it when you have free time. It will really brightens your week and help you to go thru the obstacle that your facing. After reading that passage to each other in pairs, Me and Jia Wei was like saying "hmm, we read to each other is like as thou we are exchanging our marriage oaths"...hahaha.....Oki, I know its LAME to think of that....lol.......Then PnW begins..Praise and worship was great!!!

During service, the chairperson introduce us again to their Ycians and we giving a goodies bag as a gift from them.


Then Pastor Julie came up to share the word of God and her sharing was about "WHY"...

WHY is life like that?
WHY does he/she hates me?
WHY didn't I pass?
WHY my friends have this and that but I don't have it?

thats one of the question which she said during her sharing...She is an awesome youth pastor man. She is so supportive and loves to sing. The best part was every situation she talk about,surely she can relate to a song..cool right? The best of the best part was she sang a song for Sam..awww!!!


tadaa.......how sweet is that?hehehehe....

After service, all the youth pastor and also some of the youth leaders had a chat with us, prayed for us and we exchange ideas and so on, on how things work around in church and all. It was great to hear their side stories and they were also happy to hear from ours. Then they say that we should combine activity more often and build a larger generation of God....When its time to leave, we were kinda reluctant to leave coz there's more to learn from them and they were like do come back and visit us more often,k!!!!! hehehehe

Then we off for lunch......We might be back on this sunday to have lunch with the pastor if everything goes as plan =)

Back home!!! I read the magazine that they gave us...


It had alot of youth related issues in it and the one which caught my attention was this:


haha....seriously, Its a good article and it really can make you think whether is it worth the wait?


So what you guys think? Is it worth the wait??? Think about it.....
In it, they emphasis on whats the effect of sex before marriage, the consequences, ways of tackling those desire of it and so on. There are also alot of research done to prove and strengthen their argument...



So, whats your answer for those questions? =p
Then as I read on, I notice this part of the article....


How to SAY NO to sex? with 5 steps, you can SAY NO towards it.....guarantee assure!!!
Honestly,I haven't finish reading it but I will finish it soon when I got the time.Overall so far, I can say that the article is very useful to those who are struggling with it now!!! If you guys would want to read it, do tell me ya, I can borrow you the magazines....

Anyway, It was an awesome field trip and we really learn alot from them in Glad Tidings...Now, we have to prepare summary from our field trip and record them...haha...

ohwell, thanks for the warm hospitality and the advice. Thanks =)

No comments: