Thursday, October 23, 2008

The next step.....

Yesterday, the University of Melbourne came to my college to have an one-on-one interview with students from all pre-U courses and also for those who are interested to apply there.



Its quite cool and the response was tremendous!
I didn't know that there will be alot of humans there..haha..
Thank god I managed to book my interview with the representative on time before the big day. Totally forgotten about it. Phew!

I got interview by this awesome young lady from the University and she helped me to understand more on why should I choose their university instead of others..haha...

Guess what, I don't understand why people just don't understand what is "CAL" means....lol....
It means "Cambridge A-Level"....lol......
Check out these conversation I had with her at the beginning of the interview..

Me: Good Afternoon, Ma'am ( cheh wah! so polite for once! )
She: oh Good Afternoon..err, Your must be Aaron Lee from CAL, right?
Me: Yup! Thats me...
She: Btw, I was wondering what is CAL? Canadian Programme?
Me: oh no! CAL is for Cambridge A-Levels.....
She: cheh!!!! * erase the word CAL on her appoinment sheet and change to A-level*

swt!!!!

She: Alright! why you choose to do A Level when you want to go to Aussie?
**In my heart, I was like "ohno! not this question again"
Me: Oh because I would like to keep my options open as A-Level is well recognise around the world. *proud*
She: Now I get it..so what courses you want to major in, Mr. Aaron?
Me: oh, I'm considering Finance and Accounting...

Then she goes on and on about it.....lol.......
From the course to fees to campus to hostel to whats like in melbourne....lol....
Really thank her so much for explainning to me from A till Z about that University and about the lifestyle in Melbourne. She then gave me alot of templates for me to read on and she said she hope to see me in 2010.

oh why 2010?

Because my pre-U course will end on June 2009. Eventough there's the next intake for Aussie in Mid-July but I make my decission to take a break and continue my undergraduate in February 2010 if i'm going to Australia of coz! If I got a place in UK, then I will leave Malaysia in September next year which I doubt I be going there....mahal la!!!!! haha

So back home, I took some time to read the international prospectus that that she gave me



and I found this session on "why should I choose University of Melbourne"?

It is because....

cheh wah!!! No. 27 man....


and this.......Totally true man!!! It can say that majority of Malaysian students go to Australia to study and Australia is like the 2ND Malaysia....hahaha...

Then I move on to the Business and Economics template's since I'm interested in Finance and Accounting....


Till I found this section which she had explains to me the syllabus that I will be studying if I wanna take that courses. In Melbourne U, they don't have the exact Bachelor of Finance & Accounting but its called Bachelor of Commerce ( Double major in Finance & Accounting)...weird and super long name huh?


Then she also said that its recommended me to continue my Honours degree...I was like fuyoh!!! I think by the time I get my honour degree, I will grow white hair dy....hahahaha....LAME!

so ya, this is my requirement if I wanna get my ass to Melbourne to study..


and my IELTS must be more than 6.5!!!
Its quite high thou for my main results so its look like I better get my ass working and work hard for my As and for the next 8 months in Taylors....sigh!!!

Here comes to the end part of the templates


haha.....Too bad I can't fill in yet coz its still to early to do so. I can only apply for 2010 application next year after my A Level which is around August...lol...can't wait thou! so at the mean time, I guess I can only stare and drool on it while waiting...

One thing I love about Taylors is that they really take care of you especially your University application. My college got a placement center where student go there to register their Uni without having to go outside and taking the hassle to apply thru them because thru the placement center, they can take any information about you instantly from the department....how cool is that?lol



so ya....!!! Am I going to Melbourne U in 2010?
Good question.....
and the answer is " I'm not sure yet!!!!!!!"
hahaha.....

No comments: